Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Simplify

My new motto is "Simplify". Yeah, right. My question is this: "Why does it take so much effort to simplify"?

I love the show, "Clean House". Niecy Nash, the host, drives Jerry straight up the wall. Her voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard to him. The flower in her hair puts him over the edge. In all fairness, golf on Sunday afternoon does me the same way.

It is unbelievable how much stuff one family can accumulate in a small space. I don't see how they cook a meal, do laundry or even sit down to watch television in some of those houses. I like stuff as well as the next person, but really? The lady on the show yesterday collected monkeys. She owned 297 stuffed monkeys and three live monkeys....who live in the basement. Bless her heart. She was looking for love in all the wrong places.

When yard sale time came, they made $4,100 on their stuff! I have never seen them make more than a couple of thousand at any yard sale. The clean house gang painted, organized and made that house look great in a few days time. I wouldn't dare (even if my house looked like the one on television) invite them to clean my house. I am so sentimental that if one of the team members carried out a precious object, somebody would get hurt.

I do believe that simplifying my life would get rid of some stress I experience when I can't find something that I need or want. "A place for everything and everything in it's place" is a quote I have heard all my life. I just need to put it into practice.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home